Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Reop Men

***DISCLAIMER*** The following review is entirely my opinion. If you comment (which I encourage you to do) be respectful. If you don't agree with my opinion, that's fine. To each their own. I am just sharing my opinions and perspective. Finally, the reviews are given on a scale of 1-5. 1, of course, being terrible. 2, being not great. 3, being okay. 4, being good and 5, being epic!

Repo Men - 3 out of 5

This movie is nothing we haven't seen before. Everything from the characters to the story itself, is stuff that has been seen. That being said, this movie actually isn't that bad and is kinda entertaining. This movie contains all the cliche editing and storytelling that has become quite common in movies and although the story has been done, it was told solidly enough that it didn't get boring and despite the characters being cliche, the actors portraying them didn't make them boring either. Jude Law and Forest Whitaker are good enough, neither really set the screen on fire--which is strange because both are very talented actors. But one actor who I wanted to see more of in the movie because he was so entertaining was Liev Schreiber's character. First off, I think Liev is a very underrated actor but his character was so great to watch. What I really found surprising in this film was it was bloodier than I had anticipated but a lot of the blood was CG and CG blood is never good. Another surprise was the decent action...I tell you, Nerf guns are dangerous in the future. This movie isn't an original but it's not bad to kick back and forget the day with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.