Saturday, August 21, 2010

The Losers

***DISCLAIMER*** The following review is entirely my opinion. If you comment (which I encourage you to do) be respectful. If you don't agree with my opinion, that's fine. To each their own. I am just sharing my opinions and perspective. Finally, the reviews are given on a scale of 1-5. 1, of course, being terrible. 2, being not great. 3, being okay. 4, being good and 5, being epic!

The Losers - 3 out of 5

We are in the golden age of comic adaptations, people and studios are buying up even the most obscure comics. This movie, which I must say that I have flipped through the comic, is okay. Not great but not terrible either. There is some good action and really fun characters that were well cast. Chris Evans (Fantastic Four) is here and I'll be honest--I like this guy. He's a fun actor and he gets to play some awesomely entertaining parts. From Watchmen and Supernatural, we've got Jeffrey Dean Morgan playing the head of the Losers and, at times, his character feels lifeless but at times he picks it up. Idris Elba, from The Wire, is one of the standouts in this movie and Oscar Jaenada is right there with him--even though he is quiet for most of the movie. Personally, I would have rather seen a better looking female lead but I like some meat on my girl's bones...heroin skinny doesn't do it for me. OH, and then there's the most annoying villain you will ever see. He is constantly throwing out sarcastic bombs that are unfunny and just stupid to the point that you don't want to see a single scene of the bad guy at all and would rather see faceless minions being killed by our heroes. Finally, the story isn't going to win any awards but I wasn't expecting that. I wanted mindless action, sleek editing and an over the top story and that's what I got. This is just a good popcorn flick that will help you pass the time pleasantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.