Thursday, August 12, 2010

Lifeforce

***DISCLAIMER*** The following review is entirely my opinion. If you comment (which I encourage you to do) be respectful. If you don't agree with my opinion, that's fine. To each their own. I am just sharing my opinions and perspective. Finally, the reviews are given on a scale of 1-5. 1, of course, being terrible. 2, being not great. 3, being okay. 4, being good and 5, being epic!

Lifeforce - 3 out of 5.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre director Tobe Hooper directs this vampire classic...but here's the catch, these vampires are from space and are kinda badass--which is more than I can say about the sparkly wimps we have for vamps now. Recently, I've decided to revisit two classic vampire movies (this and Fright Night, look for my review) because I've grown quite tired of the way vampires are now being depicted. You know, wussies that want us to feel sorry for them. Vampires are for killin', not for making out with girls. I don't care if a vampire's life sucks (no pun intended), they are still creatures of the night who kill to feed and we need badasses to take them out...like Blade. Why wasn't Blade in the Twilight movies? They would have made more money if he was. Anyway, this movie takes vampires in space but not in a Jason X sort of way but in the fact that, in the movie, the legend of vampires came from a race of aliens that didn't suck their victims blood, but rather sucked away their lifeforce...hence the title. This movie isn't a brilliant piece of work but is just entertaining enough to enjoy. It has a tendency to drag but Mathilda May is naked through nearly the entire movie, so you might forget that the movie is longer than it needs to be and the writing and acting are just passable. The hero of the movie is a terrible actor sadly that hams up every scene but you get to see him kiss Patrick Stewart...wait, that's not a good thing either. But Professor X being in the movie isn't bad, right? Sadly, his character is short lived. The most surprising thing about this movie, is that the special effects stand up quite well. It's been a long time since I've seen this movie and I felt about the same this time as I did watching it the last time...I felt like my pants got tighter every time Mathilda was on screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.