Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Hung Season 1

***DISCLAIMER*** The following review is entirely my opinion. If you comment (which I encourage you to do) be respectful. If you don't agree with my opinion, that's fine. To each their own. I am just sharing my opinions and perspective. Finally, the reviews are given on a scale of 1-5. 1, of course, being terrible. 2, being not great. 3, being okay. 4, being good and 5, being epic!

Hung Season 1 - 4 out of 5

HBO is really where it's at for great shows and this show continues its dominance over the mediocre shows of Showtime. (Yeah, that's right, I'm an HBO fanboy.) The premise of this show is amusing and offers up both great drama and awesome humor. When you combine that with a fantastic cast, you have a recipe for fun. I've never been a fan of Tom Jane but lately, I've been warming up to him. He wasn't a good Punisher and The Mist was just god awful but after watching him direct and star in Dark Country--and now this, I am definitely working up to becoming a Thomas Jane fan. Sadly, the only real downfall of this show's cast is Anne Heche. It has nothing to do with her acting but every since she went insane years ago, I can't help but see her pulling her hair out and yelling that aliens are coming to steal her hot pockets. This show also has one of the best open sequences I have ever seen in a show--very creative and funny. The show is highly addictive and fun to watch but I found one aspect of the show very scary...and that was Ray Drecker's son's hair. It's downright creepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.