Saturday, August 14, 2010

Fright Night

***DISCLAIMER*** The following review is entirely my opinion. If you comment (which I encourage you to do) be respectful. If you don't agree with my opinion, that's fine. To each their own. I am just sharing my opinions and perspective. Finally, the reviews are given on a scale of 1-5. 1, of course, being terrible. 2, being not great. 3, being okay. 4, being good and 5, being epic!

Fright Night - 3 out of 5

In my review of Lifeforce, I mentioned I went back and watched two vampire movies from the 80's that gave us vamps that were killers, not sparkly wimps that girls loved. This movie is campy but there is an undeniable charm to it because of the simple fact that the vampire is actually a bad guy and not something I'm suppose to pity. The movie, for the most part, has some good acting in it but that doesn't change the fact it is very 80's. Synthesizer music is at every turn and terrible fashion assaults yours eyes. The special effects, at times (just like the acting) can be fairly decent. As long as you can ignore the wire holding the fake bat in the air. This movie is far from brilliant and a looooong way from scary but it will entertain you. So what if that entertainment comes from the fact we are laughing at it, does that change the fact we are being entertained by it? Hell no. And besides, Roddy McDowell is in it and who doesn't love Roddy McDowell?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.