Saturday, August 14, 2010

Extras Season 1

***DISCLAIMER*** The following review is entirely my opinion. If you comment (which I encourage you to do) be respectful. If you don't agree with my opinion, that's fine. To each their own. I am just sharing my opinions and perspective. Finally, the reviews are given on a scale of 1-5. 1, of course, being terrible. 2, being not great. 3, being okay. 4, being good and 5, being epic!

Extras Season 1 - 5 out of 5

I never had HBO, so a lot of its killer shows went passed me and thanks to TV on DVD, I am slowing catching up on them. (Very slowly. It wasn't until last year that I watched all of The Soprano seasons.) HBO doesn't have many comedies but when they do (Curb and Flight of the Conchords) they are stellar! And, in my opinion, Extras is deserving of the stellar award as well. I've always been a fan of Ricky Gervais ever since I've seen him in the BBC's original version of The Office. In fact, I've always been a fan of British humor ever since I was first exposed to Monty Python's Flying Circus so many years ago. This show has the sharp wit that makes British humor so great and when you add in A-list celebrity cameos from the likes of Patrick Stewart (his appearance in the season finale is just gut-teasingly funny), Ben Stiller and Samuel L. Jackson, you have a recipe for something that is not only funny but memorable as well. The only real complaint I had was the minimal appearances of Stephen Merchant. But his scenes that he was in were so funny, it really didn't bother me that he didn't have more of them. Looking forward to watching the next season!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.