Saturday, August 14, 2010

Curb Your Enthusiasm Season 7

***DISCLAIMER*** The following review is entirely my opinion. If you comment (which I encourage you to do) be respectful. If you don't agree with my opinion, that's fine. To each their own. I am just sharing my opinions and perspective. Finally, the reviews are given on a scale of 1-5. 1, of course, being terrible. 2, being not great. 3, being okay. 4, being good and 5, being epic!

Curb Your Enthusiasm - 5 out of 5.

I've always said that Curb was the R-rated version of Seinfeld and in this season, my point is proven as the show culminates in a Seinfeld reunion. Larry David's show is, without a doubt, one of the funniest on air--or to EVER exist. The characters that he brings in and the improv-style of interaction between these characters creates a fog of hilarity that you find yourself getting lost in and not wanting to leave. And, to top it off and have a Seinfeld reunion on this season is almost too much to handle. The most amazing part is watching Jerry, Julia, Michael, and Jason revisit this iconic characters and look like that no time has past since the show went off the air was just jaw dropping. And a big thumbs up to Michael Richards to willingly make fun of the "N-bomb" scandal that nearly destroyed his image from a few years back. I applaud him for being able to make fun of himself that way and I think it shows true character. All in all, this show is just fantastic and, when you consider that there isn't much else for comedy on HBO (Flight of the Conchords is over and Entourage hasn't been entertaining in several years) this show more than makes up the lack of laughs and even gives you more than a cable network has a quota for. If cable networks actually had a quota for laughs, that is. But if that was the case, CBS, you owe some laughs to the viewing public. (Yep, that's right, I ended this review with an attack on Two and a Half Men, The Big Bang Theory and How I Met Your Mother. I'm sorry, those shows suck.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.