Monday, July 26, 2010

Child's Play

***DISCLAIMER*** The following review is entirely my opinion. If you comment (which I encourage you to do) be respectful. If you don't agree with my opinion, that's fine. To each their own. I am just sharing my opinions and perspective. Finally, the reviews are given on a scale of 1-5. 1, of course, being terrible. 2, being not great. 3, being okay. 4, being good and 5, being epic!

Child's Play - 3 out of 5

Child's Play is in no way scary. At least not to me. I've never found it to be frightening but I have found it entertaining. Plus, this movie gave us the great character of Chucky. Sure the story is lame but Brad Dourif is just fantastic as the voice of the killer doll and yeah, there isn't much gore in this one and the death scenes are VERY tame but there is a sense of silliness that keeps me watching it. And, I don't know if it's me, but I think there is some size discrepancies when we see Chucky as a doll and when a midget is doubling for him. This may not be right but it seems that way. Anyway, this movie is a classic that's bad but bad in a good way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.